Building and physical infrastructure grants for community-based organisations
From this page, you can find out about the details of the Building and physical infrastructure grants scheme and how to apply, together with the answers to frequently asked questions. If you still need help after reading this page, please contact us.
The provision of accommodation/developments in the built environment for older people to enhance and maintain their health, well-being and independence and/or specific pieces of equipment or furnishings which can be used for the care and support of individuals (for example, installation of a hearing loop system). Priority will be given to care facilities which are focused specifically on older people and where it has not been possible to obtain the necessary funding from statutory organisations (e.g. health and social services). We will expect the beneficiary organisation to give a written commitment to bear the revenue costs of the environment and/or equipment, including its maintenance and staffing.
Applications can only be considered from organisations or groups which are charitable as defined by UK charity law. This includes UK registered charities and relevant exempt charities. Proposals from non-charitable organisations (such as the NHS or social enterprises) may only be considered in exceptional circumstances and where the purposes for which the grant is sought are:
- for the public benefit; and not for private benefit that is more than nominal or incidental to the charitable purposes.
- Applications from any geographical area within the UK are eligible for consideration and will be considered on merit alone.
- As a general rule, applicant organisations will be expected to have a policy of inclusiveness, equality and non-discrimination (i.e. applications should not be unduly restrictive).
- All applications from previous grant holders will be considered on their own merit. Although the outcome of any previous grant will be taken into account, new applications will not receive preferential consideration.
- The Trust will not normally support applications for its schemes for community-based organisations with an annual income in excess of £10M or with £100M or more in assets).
The minimum grant offered for this scheme is £5k, maximum £100k.
For building developments, we expect 50% of the funds needed to be in place. For items of equipment etc. this is not a requirement.
The grant is awarded as a single lump sum.
Frequently asked questions
This scheme is currently closed
Take the eligibility quiz, check deadlines and make an application.
The Dunhill Medical Trust
6 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6AB