Grant award management for community based organisations
**COVID-19 related guidance in drop down box below**
We are open to discuss:
- adapting their activities – that is, re-directing their project funding to supporting their core activities in delivering support services to their communities;
- reporting requirements – changing reporting deadlines so as not to put additional pressure on these organizations when they have other things to do;
- financial flexibility – moving funds between budget lines – again to allow them to re-direct funds to where they are most needed.
In addition, if it becomes apparent during the conversation that small amounts of additional funding (up to £5k) could make a big difference to supporting their work with older people during the crisis then we have the flexibility to award new funding.
This guide is for the recipients of a grant for Community-based organisations.
All of our grants are now managed through the online Grants Management System.
For grants awarded from December 2017 (grant references prefixed CPG, BIG or CDG) you will have applied via the online Grants Management System and should use those login details to manage your grant.
For grants awarded before December 2017 (you will have a grant reference with a prefix of N) your grant has been transferred to the online Grants Management System and an account created for you. If you did not receive the communication regarding this or are unsure of your login details, please contact us.
COVID-19: information for community grant holders
We will guarantee up to 6 months’ support with a 3-month review (or sooner if necessary).
We are open to discuss:
- adapting your activities – that is, re-directing your project funding to supporting your core activities in delivering support services to your community;
- reporting requirements – we will change reporting deadlines so as not to put additional pressure on you;
- financial flexibility – we will allow you to move funds between budget lines – again to allow you to re-direct funds to where they are most needed.
We may also be able to award small additional sums (up to £5k) to existing award-holders to further enable you to direct services to where they are most needed during this challenging time.
Please get in touch to discuss with us what you need.
How do I submit a financial statement?
For building and infrastructure grants, we usually only require a financial statement with the final report. We will advise you separately if we need anything different from you.
My grant was awarded prior to December 2017
My grant was awarded in or after December 2017
You will need to detail the grant expenditure made during the previous year via the online Grants Management System. Instructions on how to do this are provided here (.pdf). To do this, you will need to log on to the system with the details you provided when the application was made. Please contact us if you need assistance with this.
How do I advise you of changes to my project or to our organisation?
If you need to move funds between budget headings, for example, then you will need to make the request in advance to ensure that there is no delay when processing your next grant payment. Please email your request to either Jenna or Ethny, including details of the amount to be moved and the reasons why the request is being made.
Please note that all requests to change the grant must be made by the named grant holder.
How do I tell you about the progress I am making with my project?
Before starting your project, you will have agreed a payment and reporting schedule which details when you need to submit your progress and final report. You will receive a reminder by email one month prior to the report’s due date. The email will contain a link to the report in the online Grants Management System which you will need to complete by the agreed date.
Building and infrastructure grants
How do I tell you about achievements between reporting periods?
Grants Management System
Policy and Governance documents
View and download the supporting policy documents
The Dunhill Medical Trust
6 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6AB