Come and join us…
In the autumn of 2020, the Dunhill Medical Trust launched its new five-year plan: “Investing for Impact”. It was back in the 1980s that the leadership of the Trust recognised that shifting demographics were accelerating a need for investment in a high-quality research base to improve our understanding of the mechanisms of ageing and the delivery of innovation in the health and social care of older people. Since then, the Trust has been funding some of the best of the UK’s academic and clinical researchers to do just that. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, this need will be even greater and the opportunities are immense to make real systemic change. The Trust plans to play its part in three broad ways:
- investing in ideas
- connecting research and practice and
- fostering flourishing communities.
As a result of a forthcoming retirement, we have a vacancy on our Board. We welcome applications for the position of Trustee from candidates with expertise in one of the following areas, consistent with the themes of our new plan:
- Academic research leaders with relevant interest and expertise in the planning and design of the built environment, or
- Academic research leaders with relevant interest and expertise in the development of assistive technology, or
- Academic research leaders in the understanding of the underlying mechanisms of ageing and age-related disease, or
- Clinical research leaders in geriatric medicine or the allied health professions.
For more details and how to apply, go to: https://dunhillmedical.org.uk/about-us/#vacancies
Closing date: 19 February 2021 at noon.