The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) and the seven Royal Colleges and the College of Optometrists have designed online content tailored to the training needs of their aspiring researchers.
The online modules are free to use. They are ideal for health professionals interested in a research career, even if they have little or no research experience so far.
The online approach aims to flexible for participants with:
- free-to-use modules designed to fit their exact learning and training needs.
- anytime online, tablet or mobile access.
- no application or membership of a college needed.
- no stipulated end date, so users can complete the modules at their own pace.
The eight partnering colleges are:
- Royal College of Physicians
- College of Optometrists (working in partnership with Ulster University)
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Royal College of Nursing (working in partnership with King’s College London)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (working in partnership with the University of Birmingham)
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine (working in partnership with the College of Paramedics)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
The modules will be launched in phases by each college over the next 12 months. They will be available through the NIHR Learn platform.