You may be aware that in 2015 Marie Curie published a list of priorities for palliative and end of life care research, as part of the Palliative and End of Life Care Priority Setting Partnership with the James Lind Alliance and many other organisations.
We are pleased to announce that we are undertaking a new priority setting partnership to refresh these priorities. We are doing this to make sure that future research about palliative and end of life care addresses issues or problems that are most important to everyone affected by dying, death and bereavement.
We have just launched a survey to understand and refresh the priorities for future palliative and end of life care research, and we are looking to reach:
- People who are living with a serious life-limiting illness who may or may not be receiving palliative care or end of life care (including, but not limited to cancer, organ failure such as heart, liver or kidney failure, dementia, Parkinson’s, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or Motor Neurone Disease)
- People who are caring for a loved one or someone they know who has a serious life-limiting illness
- Bereaved carers, family members or friends whose loved one(s) died following a serious life limiting illness
- Health, social care or other professionals supporting people with serious life-limiting illnesses
- Volunteers supporting people with serious life-limiting illnesses (for example as member of a local community, hospice volunteers or befrienders)
- Members of the public with an interest in palliative and end of life care.
We would be very grateful for your help in sharing our survey.
We have a promotion guide on our website which contains suggested copy for emails, newsletters and websites, as well as suggested posts for social media. There are other images available on the website too. Please do feel free to use these if helpful and tweak as needed.
To take the survey and find out more about the project, please visit: https://palliativecarepsp.wordpress.com/survey/
If you could let us know if you do share our survey we would be very grateful so that we can track all of our communications. We are thanking organisations for sharing our survey by adding the organisation’s name to our website, please let me know if you would prefer us to not add you to this list.
Many thanks in advance